AP Calculus AB test format
Section I: Multiple Choice 45 Questions | 1 Hour 45 minutes | 50% of Exam Score
- Part A: 30 questions; 60 minutes (calculator not permitted on paper and pencil exam).
- Part B: 15 questions; 45 minutes (graphing calculator required).
- Questions include algebraic, exponential, logarithmic, trigonometric, and general types of functions.
- Questions include analytical, graphical, tabular, and verbal types of representations.
- Part A: 2 questions; 30 minutes (graphing calculator required).
- Part B: 4 questions; 60 minutes (calculator not permitted on paper and pencil exam).
- Questions include various types of functions and function representations and a roughly equal mix of procedural and conceptual tasks.
- Questions include at least 2 questions that incorporate a real-world context or scenario into the question.